|Location||Fond du Lac, WI|
|Date Posted||May 8, 2018|
Line leaders report to the Production Supervisor. The purpose of this position is to produce high quality product, meet the assigned production rates for each job, oversee assigned production lines, and ensure proper training and development of assigned production line workers.
Core Hours- Varied:
Monday – Thursday 5:45am – 4:30pm, and Fridays varied hours subject to change based on customer demand.
Monday – Thursday 11:15-10pm and Fridays varied hours subject to change based on customer demand.
Part time Line lead 4:45pm-10pm M-R and Fridays varied hours subject to change based on customer demand.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read and understand instructions provided on a production ticket (pallet pattern, special instructions, etc.)
- Give directions/instructions to production workers as to their assigned tasks and how to successfully complete the task
- Complete an accurate production ticket with timesheet detailing hours worked on the job, quantity of product produced, and quality checks, etc.
- Communicate with Material Handlers when additional supplies are needed or need to be removed from production area in a proactive and professional matter
- Follow the procedures outlined in the detailed job spec pack
- Attend Line Leader meetings and participate
- Clear understanding of company policies and procedures in order to set the example for others, direct employees to the appropriate member of management with questions/concerns (i.e. Production Ticket – Project Coordinator, Equipment – Production Support Tech, Personnel – Production Manager)
- Basic computer skills. Utilize FACTS accurately and messaging program as needed.
- Ability to scale count items and tag correctly
This position requires you to stand 100% of the time or sit 100% of the time during your shift. The vast majority of work stations require standing, therefore the choice of sitting or standing is based on customer requirements and not employee request. The position also requires the use of hands to finger, handle or touch more than 2/3 of the time. This position does require the individual to lift up to 30 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. occasionally. Good hand-eye coordination, close and color vision, as well as the ability to adjust focus are required to perform this position.
Each employee is responsible for performing these functions in a safe manner while providing quality service: stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Quality Packaging Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Quality Packaging Inc. provides equal opportunity employment decisions based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. Quality Packaging, Inc. prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (i.e. pregnancy, gender identity, or sexual orientation), national origin, age, mental and/or physical disability, genetic information, retaliation or any other characteristics protected by law.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifying candidates will have excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others, be able to work with all different levels of people, be a self-starter, and have the ability to read, write and perform basic math skills.
A high school diploma/GED and at least 1-2 Years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
Must complete Quality Packaging leader training and pass the exam with a score of 80% or better and a 96% or higher on math equivalency testing.
- No required uniforms!
- Perfect attendance rewards
- Closed most holidays (Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, etc.)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k options
- Employer paid life insurance